Skip to content




To access the online Appointment System
click here


Home Visits

Been Off Work?


Please try to contact the surgery at 8am for the same day appointment.  We generally don't book in advance.  We will always endeavour for you to see the GP of your preference, however this is not always possible.  If you cannot keep your appointment please let us know – someone else may need it.  You can cancel your appointment via the NHS App.

During normal GP practice hours if we are fully booked for that day, we may be able to sign-post you to an alternative service, e.g. Pharmacy, Walk-In-Centre or NHS 111.   If you contact us on the usual practice number we can advise you.

Late evening and weekend appointments are also available

Telephone Appointments

GP’s are available to speak to patients by phone.  If you require a telephone appointment please ask the receptionist. 

Calendar Image


If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason, you can cancel via the NHS App by clicking here.

Home Visits

Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception between 8:00am  and 11:00am.

You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls

You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).
It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work’ (see below) from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.
You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.
For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced).