When We Are Closed
If it is not a medical emergency but you need medical help fast, please call NHS 111. Calls are free including mobiles 24 hours a day.
This is a new number that has been introduced to help make it easier for you to access local health services.
You should use the NHS 111 service if:
· you need medical help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency
· you think you need to go to A&E or Emergency Department or another NHS urgent care service
· you dont know who to call for medical help
· you require health information or reassurance of what to do next
Why should you use it
· NHS is a fast and easy way to get the right help wherever you are and whatever time
· it can help to free up 999 and local A&E emergency departments
How does it work
· It will get you through to a team of highly trained advisors who are supported by experienced nurses.
· They will assess your symptoms, give you health care advice if you need it or book you an appointment.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.